4 Piston Racing Short block assembly:
- Chamfer and debur all sharp edges and oil galleys, chamfer bearing housings and bottom of cylinder bore
- High pressure thorough cleaning of oil galleys in block and crankshaft
- Mic pistons and verify straight bore with precision Sunnen bore gauge, set piston to wall clearance for your application
- Set ring gap for specific application
- Balance rotating assembly
- Set bearing clearances
- Race preparation and debur to piston dome
- Precision assembly in clean room
We build each engine to suit individual racing application... Drag race, road race, hill climb, street use, etc.
- Sleeved Block - LA Sleeves rigid design that cuts less of the block away and keeps cylinders from moving over time.
- OEM Honda Crank - OEM Forged Honda Crankshaft.
- Manley Rods - Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beam Connecting Rods or Saenz Turbo I-Beam Rods (Optional GRP Aluminum Rods for over 1000hp Drag Race)
- Wiseco HD Turbo Pistons - Wiseco HD Piston in any compression ratio and any bore up to 89mm, but we will only use an upgraded tool steel pin. (See Optional Upgrades)
- ACL Race Bearings
- GRP Aluminum Rods - Recommended for any drag race applications over 1100hp.
- Diamond Outlaw Pistons
- Speedfactory Arias Outlaw Pistons
- Ported Type S Oil Pump - The OEM Type S pump works great for motors that turn up to 9000 rpm. Past that, the pump can cavitate. We modify brand new OEM pumps for use up to 11,000 rpm. Skip the big cost and installation qwerks of a modified S2000 pump in favor of this effective and more affordable option.