The 4 Piston Racing USAC Midget Race Engine was specifically developed for National Level competition. The goal with this project is to open a door for competitors that are trying to get into national level competition, but the cost of entry for current top powerplants is just too far out of reach. It is also an opportunity for existing high budget teams to take a big chunk of their expenses on power out, and redistribute that to other parts of their race program. This engine isn't a unicorn that costs no money and makes obscene power that will put a back of the pack driver into the front of the field. That isn't what midget racing is about. It is a pure race engine, with some of the best components and it does make the power to run with, and outrun some of the best offerings. The idea is to lower the cost of entry, and provide a reliable option.
The engine is available as a longblock that you add your own oil system, injection, and accessories to for $18,915. It is available TURN KEY with ignition system, dry sump oil system, Injection and Fuel System, power steering pump, water pump, mounts, and header, and Dyno Tested before shipment for $35,915. We will learn more about maintenance as more teams start to race these engines on full schedules, but right now we would like to see the engines come in for service and evaluation after 15 national race events. The cost for this is $4000 and can extend up to $6500 depending on what needs to be replaced. As we have learned, running up front at national events these engines are run MUCH harder than local small series racers will run them.
We are partnered with Bundy Built Motorsports in Mooresville, NC for development of this package. You can purchase the engine directly from them, and they will fully support getting it into your chassis and can assist in race related inquiries and support.
There are NO sponsorship opportunities with us in Midget Racing since we are already partnered with teams that are buying the engines as their primary power.
- Fully dressed engine weighs 220 lbs.
- Valve Cover to Oil Pan, Complete Engine, Turn Key
- Datalogging systems are available and encouraged for test days
- 154 Cubic Inches per USAC rules. We do build these in 145 cubic inch configuration for other countries and series regulations.
- Electronic Fuel Injection is available if your series allows, and can save some money and increase driveability and power
- Baffled Wet Sump oil systems are available, but dry sump is encouraged
- Meticulously assembled
- Additional Horsepower is available if you decide you want to expand on your race program. Right now the goal is a package that races well on all track sizes, and is durable. We have been developing these engines for 15 years and run these K-Series Engines in 24 hour road racing, hill climb, rally cars, 500+hp naturally aspirated drag cars, 1500+hp turbocharged drag cars, boat racing, and thousands of high horsepower street applications up to, and over 1000hp. We have the parts and knowledge to make them scream.
We ship worldwide. Email Luke@team4piston.com for a shipping quote or for other inquiries