The 4 Piston Racing USAC Midget Race Engine was specifically developed for National Level competition. The goal with this project is to open a door for competitors that are trying to get into national level competition, but the cost of entry for current top powerplants is just too far out of reach. It is also an opportunity for existing high budget teams to take a big chunk of their expenses on power out and redistribute that to other parts of their race program. This is a pure race engine with some of the best components and it does make the power to run with and outrun some of the best offerings. We believe we have put together a package that with equal car preparation will out accelerate any other offering.
This engine package is TURN KEY with ignition system, dry sump oil system, water pump, power steering pump, Injection and Fuel System, power steering pump, header, and Dyno Tested before shipment for $39,915. We will learn more about maintenance as more teams start to race these engines on full schedules, but right now we would like to see the engines come in for service and evaluation after 15 national race events. The cost for this service is $6500 and can extend up to $9500 depending on what needs to be replaced. As we have learned, running up front at national events these engines are run MUCH harder than local small series racers will run them.
- Fully dressed engine weighs 230 lbs.
- Valve Cover to Oil Pan, Complete Engine, Turn Key
- EFI R1i Ignition System with logging and lambda is standard
- 154 Cubic Inches per USAC rules. We do build these in 145 cubic inch configuration for other countries and series regulations.
- Electronic Fuel Injection is available if your series allows, and that opens the door for even more power.
- Meticulously machined, assembled and dyno tested in Danville, Indiana
- Additional Horsepower is available if you decide you want to expand on your race program. Right now the goal is a package that races well on all track sizes, and is durable. We have been developing these engines for 20 years and run these K-Series Engines in 24 hour road racing, hill climb, rally cars, 500hp naturally aspirated drag cars, 2000+hp turbocharged drag cars, boat racing, and thousands of high horsepower street applications up to and over 1000hp. We have the parts and knowledge to make them scream.
We ship worldwide. Email Luke@team4piston.com for a shipping quote or for other inquiries